G L O B A L I N T E R N E T P O L I C Y I N I T I A T I V E
|About GIPI||Best Practices||Policy Principles||Funding||Staff & Offices||News|
i s s u e a r e a s
E-Government: eGEEC 2005 Romania
10:30am – 10:45am Morning Break
10:45am – 12:15pm Plenary Panel 2
Financing E-Government Transformation
Many localities want to begin implementing e-government programs but lack the resources to make it happen. This panel will explore successful financing initiatives that participants can use immediately in their localities.
•Moderator - Jim Dempsey
•Cornel Giurgea - Presedinte Consiliu de Adminsitratie CG&GC IT – Public-private partnership – key to informatization of the Mehedinti County Download the presentation
•Vladimir Gancz - Forest Research and Management Institute - Support the urban green management in Romania (SUGRO) - a Flemish-Romanian PPP project Download the presentation
•Ana Maria Orosan – Microsoft Romania – Public Sector Account Manager Download the presentation
•Stan Virgiliu - Initiator proiect SVN Rom@nia- Economic growth through eGovernment Download the presentation
12:15pm – 1:45pm Lunch - sponsored by Softwin
1:45pm – 2:45pm Workshop Presentations
Participants will break into three small groups on: e-Taxation, GIS or Citizen Participation. Each workshop will begin with an hour of presentations focused on the challenges, opportunities and lessons learned in each of these areas.
Workshop A - E-Taxation
•Moderator – Maria Shkarlat -Internews– Ukraine
•Jovce Platinovksi - e-Tax Services – IMPACT Project Macedonia – Using IT to improve efficiency Download the presentation
•Razvan Marincoi - Brand Marketing Manager SOBIS - "Increased productivity in local public administration – case Study – Giurgiu City Hall ".Download the presentation
•Hannes Astok - Deputy Mayor -City of Tartu, Estonia - Implementation eTax in Estonia - impacts to citizens, economy and tax revenues Download the presentation
Workshop B | GIS
• Moderator: Liviu Nicolescu, Information Technology Director - Romanian Ministry of IT&C
• Ioana Raicu, – IT Director - Bucharest City Hall. “Towards Effective Government through Geospatial Data Sharing: the Bucharest Experience “ Download the presentation
• Sandor Kerekes,Vice-president County Council Cluj “Using GIS technologies to realize the technical-economic monography of the Cluj county.” Download the presentation
• Florian Petrescu, Technical Construction University Bucharest- Urban Engineering and Regional Development Department “National Program for GIS Implementation on Urban Cadastre and Urban and Regional Planning” Download the presentation
• Miklós-Pál Gábor, Councilor, IT department, Harghita County Council “Online electronic service: "Monitoring the county road works" Download the presentation
Workshop C | Citizen Participation and information
• Moderator: Krista Baumane, deputy director of Centre for Public Policy PROVIDUS, Latvia.
• Armen Shahverdyan, Managing Partner, OSCONSA LLC; Consultant, the World Bank. “Migrating to E-Government via proper Business Process Management” Download the presentation
• Adriana Stamat, IT Director - Constanta City Hall . “Improving citizen information by electronic document management.” Download the presentation
• Julia Velkova, ISOC Bulgaria. “Improving Citizen Participation in Local E-Government Initiatives” Download the presentation
• Adrian Orza, Vice-Mayor Timisoara Town Hall . “Timisoara portal.” Download the presentation
2:45pm – 3:45pm Working Sessions
Participants will engage in a facilitated, in-depth discussion of their topic of focus. The participants will begin by sharing their own experiences in these areas as well as asking questions to the group. The workshop outcome will be a participant-led presentation back to the full conference on the keys to success and pitfalls to avoid in each of their workshop areas.
3:45pm – 4:00pm Break
4:00pm – 5:00pm Report Out
Presentations and brief discussion led by the workshop participants and/or facilitators.
• Moderator: Jim Dempsey.
• Moderator E-Taxation workshop: Maria Shkarlat.
• Moderator GIS workshop : Liviu Nicolescu.
• Moderator Citizen Participation workshop: Krista Baumane.
5:00pm - 5:30pm Videoconference Panel
This panel will include experts from Washington, DC who will discuss e-government best practices from around the world.
· Randeep Sudan, Senior ICT Policy Specialist at InfoDev Download the presentation
· Mary Muiruri – Resident Advisor for dot-GOV, Internews Network Download the presentation
· Sarah Tisch , dot-Gov Chief of Party, Internews Network.
7:00pm – 9:00pm Dinner
· Keynote Speaker - Mr. Zsolt Nagy - Minister of IT&C Romania
Tuesday, September 13th
8:00am – 8:45am Breakfast
8:45am – 9:00am Welcoming remarks
A recap of the previous day will be made by conference moderator Jim Dempsey.
9:00am – 10:30am Plenary Panel 3
Keys to E-Government Success
Once you have identified your e-government initiative, how do you ensure its success? This panel will explore best practices in implementation including project management, staying in budget, collaboration and performance measurement.
Moderator: Jim Dempsey
•Daniela Stojanova, IT specialist, Varna District Administration, Bulgaria. “Open Administration in Varna.” Download the presentation
•George Guran, Chief of Party, RITI Access. “eGovernment - Lessons Learned in the RITI Access Project.” Download the presentation
•Fusun Nebil, Internet and Law Platform, Turkey “A Success Story from Local eGovernment Applications in Turkey: Kadýkoy Municipality.” Download the presentation
•Cristian Anghel, Mayor, Baia Mare; President, Romanian Federation of Local Authorities.“Modern Technologies in Local Public Administration- eBaiaMare Case Study”
10:30am – 10:45am Break
10:45am – 12:15pm Plenary Panel 4
Conference TakeawaysThe conference facilitator will moderate a dialog about the top lessons learned at the conference. This highly interactive and audience driven discussion will also help identify what next steps need to be taken to ensure the success of e-government in the future.
•Moderator: Jim Dempsey
•Aurel Netin, State Secretary on IT, Romanian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
•Miklós-Pál Gábor, Secretary General, Public Administration Information Systems Professionals Association (ANIAP).
•Laurian Tanasescu, Executive Director, eRomania Gateway Association
12:15pm – 2:00pm Lunch and conference close